Apartment T2 Rua Celestino Alves, Setúbal
Price Upon Request
ATTENTION: Visits from the 22nd of May
2 bedroom apartment located on the 3rd floor of a building with 8 floors and 8 apartments per floor, located at Rua Celestino Alves, in Setúbal.
The apartment is sold semi-furnished.
It is original, although well preserved.
There is currently a tenant who will be moving out in August
The condominium is organized, 20 euros/month
Building has 2 elevators
São Sebastião is a Portuguese parish in the municipality of Setúbal, with an area of 19.64 km² and 52,627 inhabitants (2021 census). Its population density is 2,679.6 inhab./km².
In the 2021 census, it was the seventh Portuguese parish in number of residents.
It is located in the city of Setúbal and encompasses the neighborhoods of S. Domingos, Bairro Conceição, Bairro Santos Nicolau, Bairro Humberto Delgado, Terroa, Bairro do Peixe Frito, Manteigadas, Bairro Fonte do Lavra, Monte Belo Norte e Sul, Azeda and Nova Azeda, Tebaida, Baptista, Pinheirinhos, Camarinha, Dias, Fontaínhas, Palhais Alto, Monarquina, Vale de Cerejeiras, Aranguês, Tetra and Bela Vista.
The history of the parish of S. Sebastião begins on March 14, 1553 with a «Letter of Dismemberment and Separation and New Creation of Mother Churches», which was given by the Archbishop of Lisbon, D. Fernando, comprising three hundred and sixty-five fires spread across the places of Palhais and Fontaínhas and across several streets located in the medieval walled enclosure, between the Ouvidor wicket and the Porta da Vila.
The division then made with the parish of Santa Maria passed further to the west than the current dividing line.
The creation of this parish constitutes the consecration of the growth of Setúbal to the east of the line of walls and follows the royal order of opening the Porta de S. Sebastião, in 1533, in order to better serve the population.
The name of Porta de S. Sebastião comes from the Hermitage of S. Sebastião, which existed in front of the new door, and which had been founded in 1490, in the center of the current Largo do Miradouro.
The parish was established in this temple and remained there until 1821, when it was moved to the Church of the Convent of Grilos and in 1835 it moved to the Church of the Convent of S. Domingos, now extinct, where it still stands today.
The primitive Chapel of S. Sebastião, which had undergone major renovations in the 17th century and remodeled in the 18th century, was very shaken by the earthquake of 1755, not managing, after that fateful event and despite the works carried out, to escape ruin, becoming demolished between 1849 and 1857, by order of the City Council.
Between the second half of the 16th century and the end of the 18th century, the parish received religious institutions of great importance. The first was the Convent of S. Domingos, founded between 1564 and 1566, which still retains the 16th-century church, reconstituted after 1755, and some of the conventual structures.
The Colégio dos Jesuítas, which was created in 1655 and expanded in 1703, and which leaned against the outer side of the wall, leading to the walling up of the Porta dos Apostolos. It was occupied, after the expulsion of the Jesuit Order, by Bernardas nuns and adapted to a bourgeois palace in the 19th century.
The Convent of Nossa Senhora da Boa-Hora, of the Order of Saint Augustine, dates back to 1565, a building which, after the extinction of the religious orders, was occupied by the first municipal high school in the country and where the court is currently located.
It was in house n° 10-12 on Rua de S. Domingos, in this parish, that the brilliant poet Manuel Maria Barbosa du Bocage was born on September 15, 1765.
- Hot Water
- Water Heater
- Piped Gas
- Deck Rails
- Equipped Kitchen
- Aluminum Windows
- Natural Light
- Price: Price Upon Request
- Status: Good
- Net area: 65m2
- Gross area: 65m2
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Construction Year: 1980
- Energy Certificate: D
- Reference: C0237-02806
How much is my house worth?
- City View (0m)
CENTURY 21 Contacto Directo