1 950 €
Store with 2 floors in the center of Algés
Oeiras, Algés Linda-A-Velha e Cruz Quebrada-Dafundo, Algés
Probably many of us if we pass on Rua Major Afonso Palla, right in the heart of Algés, we have no idea that, under part of the new development called "Fort of Nossa Senhora da Conceição", a small fortification of the end of the century was once erected by the end of XVII, beginning of XVIII, whose name was dedicated to Nossa Senhora da Conceição, patron saint of Portugal.
It is eventually there, at the beginning of the XVIII century, that goes the history of this store with 167 m2, located on the riverside of Algés.
It appears in a modern building, dated from 2009, but with some historical features inside and outside, creating a unique and emblematic space, as follows:
- private terrace with 50 m2 (without licensing cost)
- 2 bathrooms
- storage room
- ample space with a glass ceiling, which illuminates this floor with plenty of natural light, framed by a historic wall, making this corner special.
This store is located in an area of great expansion and it is part of the Riverside Rehabilitation Plan 2022 - 2030 - “Ocean Campus”: after the eastern front (Parque das Nações), now it is the time of the western riverside area of Lisbon to be targeted as a requalification project, between Pedrouços (next to the Champalimaud Foundation) and Cruz Quebrada (Oeiras). At stake is a public-private investment in the order of 300 million euros, to be made until 2030, with the construction of a marina, areas for companies and research centers, restaurants and a hotel, along with the requalification of the beaches of Algés and Cruz Quebrada - so that they have the Blue Flag in the future.
Exceptional classified historical heritage;
Currently under exploration for restoration;
Air conditioning installation on both floors; 3 parking spaces;
Feasibility for other activities (architecture, design, aesthetics, training);
Benefits in obtaining financing and tax charges (IMI);
Inserted in a prime area of the center of Algés, with surroundings full of trade and services; 5 minutes walk from the central public transport and Algés train station;
Great road accessibility (A5; A2; CRIL; Avenida Marginal and downtown);
Traces of History (in Fortalezas.org;) http://fortalezas.org/index.phpct=fortaleza&id_fortaleza=1261
The "Fort of Nossa Senhora da Conceição de Pedrouços" was located on the right bank of Ribeira de Algés, close to the stone bridge of Estrada de Lisboa, over Pedrouços beach, in the current parish of União das Freguesias de Algés, Linda- a-Velha and Cruz Quebrada / Dafundo.
It was built, at the turn of the 17th to the 18th century, to reinforce the defense of the so-called "Beaches" (designation at the time for the coastal region between the Algés and Jamor streams) against an eventual Spanish landing in the international context that led to the War of the Spanish Succession (1701-1714).
In 1735 the fort was inspected by an anonymous officer, who found it severely damaged by the weather. According to a Report, from 1751, it was "repaired again".
It lost its strategic function after the construction, in 1780, of the Battery of Bom Sucesso, becoming a palace, on the initiative of the counts of Pombeiro and marquises of Belas.
The west wing of the palace gave way to a new building, with the facade facing the current Praça 25 de Abril. It would be the entrance to the palace, through a gate over which a niche housed the image of the Patroness of Portugal, Nossa Senhora da Conceição, which gave the fort its name.
At the end of the 19th century, the building known as Palácio da Conceição underwent several adaptations (...)
On October 17, 2002, when the Palace was being demolished, the works were embargoed and the Center for Archaeological Studies of the municipality identified two pieces of wall of the fort still existing, less than half of the wall facing the sea, and all the one on the east side, whose conservation and valorization was still possible to ensure (...)
- Price: 1 950 €
- Status: For Rent
- Gross Area: 167 m2
- State: Good
- Construction year: 2009
- Parking type: 1 Garage
- Energy certificate: C
- Bar - 40 m2
- Kitchen - 10 m2
- Bathroom - 4 m2
- Bathroom - 3 m2
- Collection - 10 m2
- Games Room - 100 m2
- Square Taxis (130m) - Praça de Táxis de Algés
- Train Station (350m) - Estação de Comboios de Algés
- Bus Station (350m) - Estação de Autocarros de Algés
- Supermarket (350m) - Pingo Doce de Algés
- Sea (650m) - Passeio Marítimo de Algés