355 000 €
Land of about 7000 m2 with the possibility of building up to 20 houses in a privileged area of Estremo
Estremoz, Estremoz (Santa Maria e Santo André)
Land of about 7000 m2 with the possibility of building up to 20 houses in a privileged area of Estremoz. Close to Health Center, grouping of schools, shopping area and the main access roads to the city.
Estremoz is a Portuguese city in the District of Évora, in the Alentejo region, sub-region of Central Alentejo and with 7 483 inhabitants (2012). 
It is the seat of a municipality with 513.80 km² in area  and 14 318 inhabitants (2011),   subdivided into nine parishes.  The municipality is limited to the north by the municipalities of Sousel and Fronteira, to the northeast by Monforte, to the southeast by Borba, to the south by Redondo and to the west by Évora and Arraiolos.
Estremoz It is known internationally for its deposits of white marble, the so-called Estremoz Marble. The exploration of marble in Estremoz has a very old origin, as evidenced by the Roman Temple of Évora, which contains marble from Estremoz. It is also present on the main altar of the Cathedral of Évora.
In 1336, Queen Santa Isabel, then 65 years old, traveled to Estremoz from the Franciscan convent in Coimbra where she had retired after the death of D. Dinis, her husband, in order to avoid a war between her son Afonso IV and the king of Castile Afonso XI. Afonso IV declared war on Afonso XI for the ill-treatment he inflicted on his wife D. Maria (daughter of the Portuguese king). Queen Santa Isabel placed herself between the two warring armies, and again avoided war as it had happened in 1323 at the battle of Alvalade, between the troops of D. Dinis and those of D. Afonso IV. The D.N. encyclopedia says that the Holy Queen passed away on this date.
Estremoz was the place of death of King D. Pedro I, in 1367, in the Franciscan convent.
In the crisis of 1383-1385, it was one of the cities that revolted in Alentejo in favor of João de Aviz, shortly after the murder of the Count of Andeiro in Lisbon. It was in the vicinity of Estremoz that the first battle between Portuguese and Castilians took place at the time, the Battle of Atoleiros, won by the first under the command of D. Nuno Álvares Pereira.
- Price: 355 000 €
- Status: For Sale
- Gross Area: 7,000 m2